Sunday, June 8, 2008

Say Good-Bye to Freedom


Ok...yes...good news...I got a job! I went into Homeguard for my 2nd and final interview on Monday and I was offered the job. I will be doing sales for the Home Inspection/Home warranty company. My territory is Milpitas, East San Jose/Evergreen/down to Gilroy peninsula up to Menlo Park...something like that. I will miss the East Bay and my friends out there...but not the drive. It's always weird to start a new job...the unknown..the people all that. I am looking forward to it though.
So my last week of no work...Monday was the interview went to dinner with my friend and old boss Hilda...Tuesday I had to get new tires then went to see Holly, Frank and Isabella she is about 10 days old. So darn cute. I will miss always being able to just go over on a weekday. Wednesday Shannen's last day of school so I took her to Santana Row we had lunch at Maggianos Jonathan just got off work so he joined us...shopped around and hung out for a bit. It was nice.
Thursday Shannen and I went to SFO to pick up Brittany at Scott's work. We went in and met a lot of people he works with and all that stuff. It was cool. Then us three went to the beach...ahhh how I just love the beach. Went to Santa Cruz kicked back on the beach read my book/slept. Relaxed and listened to the ocean. We took a drive to Capitola and shopped a bit. Friday went to get groceries then Britt Shannen and I went to Santana Row. Jonathan was working at Maggianos so we went to visit him had a snack. Then kicked back in my favorite spot in the sun and read my book and relaxed and people watched. That night Scott and I went to dinner with Trish, Deb and George, had a great time. My last week of freedom was amazing!

Saturday we went to Chantal's birthday BBQ in Menlo Pk. It was fun! Sunday my nieces 6th birthday party at the cool house in Monte Sereno.

It's been a year since I first broke my foot on June 22nd. In a cast for 6 weeks get laid off work end of July...first hospital stay in Aug. on unemployment 6 weeks then back into the hospital for emergency surgery...2nd surgery Jan.18. Off disability end of March. Now I will be back to work.
I'm glad to be done with the events of 2007 but I sure did try and make the best of a bad situation. It is now time to get back to reality and back work.
Life is good!

No comments: