Monday, February 11, 2008

Zombie

OK...I think I'm getting out of my zombie state. Ever since my surgery in November I kind of been in a semi zombie state. I did get out and such but not too much...especially the weeks following the surgeries. Sometimes it took too much effort. Easier to just stay home and do nothing. Well...my way of zoning out was to watch 'trash tv' yes...i feel I was becoming the queen of all the bad reality shows...well not all of them because as we know there are like maybe a million now. I couldn't get into reading...my mind just zoned out. I just haven't been too motivated. Last week I was having lunch with friends and was talking about how I was in such a funk I just couldn't read or do anything too productive. One of the women looked at me and said..."don't be so hard on yourself, you just went through two surgeries, lost your job at least your not doing drugs, drinking or sleeping all day." Ok...she made sense...something I knew but actually didn't realize... I was in a form of depression. I'm crawling out of it ...but now the only problem is I am hooked on some of those lame programs..haha I have about another month on disability then I will start looking for work...oh joy.

No comments: